Do you want to contribute? Anyone who experienced a name or gender change with a company or administration can send information, so it appears on the website. It will help other trans people and put pressure on non-inclusive services, so thanks a lot!
The project team processes all information, and your identity is kept anonymous unless you ask to be credited.
Just email [email protected] with the following content:
- Name of the service
- Country (if this is not local company or administration)
- Website URL
- Brief explanation of what does the service (one or two sentences)
Name changing process
- When did you try to change your name?
- Is there any form where you can change your name, gender, or both?
- If not, when you contacted support did they misgendered you although they had correct information on your gender?
- Did support first asked you to create a new account? Did they change this recommendation after you insisted?
- Whether it is support, or an automated form, do they ask you to send an identity proof?
- If yes, what was the reason given for this? Is an identity proof necessary to register to the service in the first place?
- Does it have to be an official ID?
Public identity and privacy
- Is there a public user id you cannot change without a new account?
- Are there public comments where you name can appear and which you cannot edit or delete? Are they easy to find for other users?
- Do you want to be credited? If yes, please indicate:
- Name or pseudonyme
- an optional URL (personal website, public Twitter account...)